Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Medal of Honor: Beta

So, as most of you know, the open Beta to Medal of Honor was released, and i've been playing it on Steam for a bit.

I gotta say, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

The game was created by DICE, the guys behind Bad Company 2, and it plays a lot like it. I do feel that it is slightly worse and slightly better in some ways.

One of the better things is the Map Size. I hated how big the maps were in Bad Company. It was rare you actually got into a decent firefight, cause of how spread out everyone was. The maps are a much more "Medium" size.

However, that does lead to one bad thing: There doesn't seem to be any vehicles.
Now, this is just based on what I've played. There might be Vehicles in other game modes or levels, but I have yet to see them. It's kind of a good-and-bad thing, because, well, Vehicles are fairly cheap. I mean, come on: How is it fair that someone with at least 50 times the health of a normal player (from the Vehicles armor), get to drive at very fast speeds with weapons that are more powerful than those on foot?

Another thing I didn't really like was the Kill Streaks. For one, only the best players will get them, since they require so many kills in a row. But, they are also very... Well, Shitty.
You either get a missal strike, a UAV, or some Ammo.
The ammo is fairly useless, in my opinion, and no one ever uses the UAV, since you really just want more kills for a bigger score.
With that being said, I've never actually gotten any of them, but have come close.

Plus, a little thing to add, WE GET DEDICATED SERVERS! WOO!

As for the controls, it can take a while to get used to, unless you've been playing Bad Company 2 for quite a while. The sensitivity they give you at the start is awful, so be sure to turn that up.


Overall, this game is really great! In my opinion, much better than Modern Warfare 2 and Halo: Reach, and probably gonna be better than Black Ops. Its really on par with Bad Company, but with a few minor changes.


Try before you buy, and play the Open Beta if you can.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog dude following your blog!

vladimir said...

cool, playing the beta before the release makes me feel special

KayZee said...

haven't played many medal of honour games. a bit of COD tho. will definitely try the new 1 when it comes out! followed / put on my run, return the favour :)

Anonymous said...

I'm def. trying this out. I'm REALLY looking forward to this new MOH. I heard that there's a bit MOH vs COD kind of thing going on now.

DjTont said...

Love the MOH games.

Barnacle said...

Tried the beta of new call of du... I mean Medal of Honor

Wondergecko said...

I wish my compy would run games well. :(

Atheos_Cirno said...

Awesome, I have always been a fan of the vehicle combat

J.Name said...

i had this game way back on the ps3, haven't kept up with it since

Joshua said...

Keen to get into the beta myself but I guess I'll have to wait a bit.

Arkanyn said...

i hear its gonna be like call of duty

Klion said...

Hrm, it's odd but for some reason I never got into the MoH. BF, CS, most others in fact but oddly never MoH. Gonna have to remedy that at some point.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for this!

godmodeus said...

i was a big fan of the first medal of honor

Al said...

following and supporting your blog mate

MikeNeuman said...

How many MoH games are their now?

Egg Malone said...

I am looking way forward to this, I've always been a fan of DICE

shadi said...

medal of honor i heard much about this game but i didn't played it.

Unknown said...

I actually thought the deathmatch map sizes in Bad Company were perfect. I'm surprised DICE actually worked on this game, thought they'd be focusing solely on BF3.

Anonymous said...

share if on how to get into the beta please!

Post a Comment